About Gilford Community Forum
Gilford Community Forum was formed in 2000 through the support of Banbridge District Council to act as an umbrella organisation for legally constituted local cross community and single identity groups within the village of Gilford.
Working to provide leadership and representation to break down barriers and develop a sustainable community.
To make Gilford an attractive, thriving town with a vibrant community spirit.
- Act as a voice for the people of Gilford to ensure their views are taken into account by planners and decision makers in statutory agencies.
- Attract revenue from various sources to the area of benefit, to help revitalise the social environment in which people live.
- Work in co-operation of partnership with, and/or affiliation to the appropriate statutory/voluntary and private agencies, to ensure the better use of resources and to provide services for the area of benefit.
- Work together as equals, to provide a co-ordinated voluntary sector service to those most in need, in the area of benefit.
- Adopt policies, procedures and practices that are inclusive and promote equality and opportunity.
- Acquire, rent and/or purchase, any such equipment and/or assets as will fulfil the objects of the Forum.
- Promote and carry out, or assist in promoting and carrying out research, surveys and investigations and publish the results thereof.
- Promote and enhance environmental interest within the area of benefit.
Our Strategic Plans for 2011-2014